Nepal JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) Alumni Association (NJAA) is established to streamline the intellect of Nepalese JSPS fellows for the development of research environment in Nepal, and to bolster the collaboration and networking between Nepal and Japan.
The objectives of the Association are:
- To promote scientific exchange between Nepal and Japan, and opportunities in Japan and orienting them regarding the scope and method of research in Japan, and
- To streamline the research activities of JSPS fellows of Nepal.
The main functions of NJAA are:
- Assisting the Nepalese researchers to search for research opportunities in Japan and orienting them regarding the scope and method of research in Japan,
- Assisting the Japanese researchers to become acclimatized to the working environment of Nepal,
- Collaborating with regional organizations to enhance the research capabilities of the members of the Association,
- Enhancing the scientific cooperation between Nepal and Japan, and
- Convening scientific activities to foster a beneficial environment for advancement of the sustainable development of Nepal.