Application Call to Participate in the 10th HOPE Meeting
The 10th HOPE Meeting with Nobel Laureates is being organized by Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) from March 11 to March 15, 2018 in Yokohama, Japan. The outline of the meeting can be accessed <here>.
Nepal JSPS Alumni Association (NJAA) is going to nominate two excellent PhD students/or young researchers in Nepal who specialize in the subject fields for participating in the 10th HOPE Meeting. Hence, those interested and eligible to participate in the 10th HOPE Meeting are called to apply at email@example.com by September 15, 2017 with the following content:
- Completely filled Application Form. (Download the Application Form from <here>. The instructions to fill the Application Form can be downloaded from <here>.)
- CV with academic achievements and publications.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a PhD student or young researcher (within 5 years from his/her PhD as of 1 April 2017) with excellent academic performance
- Have not been selected to participate in the past HOPE Meetings
- Be able to participate in the entire Meeting program
- An excellent record of research and a high interest in the societal influence of scientific knowledge and its utilization
- Strong interest in a wide scope of science and research
- Expectation that the applicant will go on to advance future research in the subject field(s)
- Expectation that by participating in the meeting the applicant will initiate joint research and/or build collegial networks in the future
- A strong desire to participate actively in the meeting exchanges and discussions
- Ample English proficiency to do so